1. Industry

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Martin Murray

Shipping Wars Comes To Cable Television

By December 21, 2011

Just when you thought cable television had covered every subject possible for reality television, the A&E network has announced a new "real-life" series for followers of supply chain everywhere. The new show is called "Shipping Wars" and features six independent shippers as they try to move unshippable cargo.

Shipping Wars will be around for ten episodes and is due to start on Tuesday January 10th. The series also features uShip, world's largest and most trusted transportation marketplace. The uShip site primarily serves the freight, household goods and vehicle shipping markets. The marketplace gives shipping companies free and immediate access to transport jobs. As there are thousands of shipments listed every day, any carrier has an equal opportunity to bid on jobs that suit their needs and routes.

Comments

December 28, 2011 at 12:41 am
(1) irfan says:

I hope its good.

December 30, 2011 at 11:53 am
(2) Steve says:

Surprised they did not focus on a company like ShipAlmostAnything.com instead. The SAA site is completely free and does not have the negative publicity or experience that uShip has. But then again, that would not make for very good tv now would it? Anyway, I would recommend that anyone reading this thread go to SAA for a much better / safer experience.

December 30, 2011 at 12:53 pm
(3) Robert S. Smith says:

I agree with Steve, I think they should have focused on a different company, but it will be interesting to watch. Can’t be any worse than the “Storage Wars” series.

January 4, 2012 at 9:14 pm
(4) Shipmaster says:

I have no dobts that this will be exciting. You see I currently own and operate a Pack and Ship Center, and we have shipped everything from Antique Gas Pumps, to Horse Seeman and or Blood, Doll Houses, Exotic animal skulls and hides, Caskets, Segway People mover, Tires, wheels,Snowmobile hoods, host of different antique beer signs, etc. etc.

I can’t wait, Hoorah for a great idea

January 8, 2012 at 2:42 pm
(5) james anderson says:

Why are they making such a completely fake show using a dictatorial rip off company like uShip?

April 30, 2012 at 8:49 pm
(6) Wayne Rooker says:

I think Shipping Wars could be a lot better. Its not as sad as some of the “reality” shows on TV – Real Housewives, Jerseylicious, Teen Mom, etc, – but its a bit lame. I don’t like the people on the series, that Jennifer person gets under my skin, as do the others really. I hope A&E (?) has the sense not to have any more made.

May 1, 2012 at 4:00 am
(7) Rudi Hartlage says:

A&E do put on a few good shows, but I am afraid that Shipping Wars is not one of them. The show is not an accurate portrayal of what happens in real shipping, it is a “made-for-TV” show that is edited to show the “viewers” all about the weird stuff these nobodies ship. It’s so dull.

May 1, 2012 at 5:53 am
(8) PJ Patel says:

I don’t like the people that they have in this series. I do not think it is real. That person Jennifer Brennan is not very good. Why cannot the network have a real show using FedEx or UPS?

May 1, 2012 at 7:57 am
(9) Not a Fan of Shipping Wars says:

Wasn’t that a dismal show, now I hear they are bringing it back for a second season….obviously nothing is beyond the realm of reality TV.

May 1, 2012 at 7:58 pm
(10) Virginia says:

Really, this show is rubbish, its so fake.

May 31, 2012 at 3:09 pm
(11) S. Moore says:

I love the show!!!!! Can’t wait for the next season!

June 1, 2012 at 1:10 am
(12) Denise Fryer says:

I totally can’t wait until Shipping Wars starts again. I loved the last series, I don’t know why there are all these negative comments, its a great show.