1. Industry

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Martin Murray

SAP Spending Could Increase in 2013

By February 7, 2013

SAP An article from Optimal Solutions suggests that spending on SAP will increase in 2013. SAP has expressed confidence that it will continue its double-digit growth in 2013, after record revenues for 2011 and 2012. SAP's projected growth is approximately 4 times greater than what the research company, Gartner, predicts for the IT industry and a twice as fast as Oracle.

SAP's expectation is that the large-scale data analytic sector will expand dramatically and the HANA product by SAP is reported as the 'fastest-growing product in SAP history'. Sales of HANA totaled $524.9 million during 2012, and SAP expects the 2013 total to be in excess of $875.

Comments

February 8, 2013 at 4:23 pm
(1) David Hall says:

I believe the HANA product will make SAP a strong leader in the ERP market. It’s been number one for a while, but the ERP product is maturing, so HANA has made the brand more relevant.

February 12, 2013 at 6:35 am
(2) Raymond Harmon says:

Spending on all ERP products must be recovering since the economic crisis a few years ago, perhaps spending will increase for SAP this year, but I am assuming that companies will not be as liberal with their spending and should hold SAP and other ERP companies much more accountable for the implementations.

February 12, 2013 at 8:52 am
(3) Gordon Myers says:

I personally think that SAP ERP is a great product and although my company has reduced its spending on all IT applications since 2010, I have heard that the IT budget has not fallen this year, and perhaps will slightly increase. We have a backlog of projects that have been postponed since 2010 such as a more robust CRM application and replacing aging servers. I wonder how much companies will be increasing their spending on SAP?

February 12, 2013 at 7:00 pm
(4) Edward Bresler says:

The company I work for has used SAP for at least a decade but has spent little if any money on more than the basic support package. There are so many aspects to the ERP system that we have yet to explore and I am sure it would not take that much to implement other functionality.

February 12, 2013 at 9:43 pm
(5) Kevin Hugh says:

SAP has a great CRM product and this is probably one area that will see a greater spending than last year. I don’t think SAP ERP is going to see much increase, although HANA seems to be very popular.

February 14, 2013 at 8:32 pm
(6) Bill Abassi says:

The company that I was contracting to is a big user of SAP ERP and SAP CRM. They are spending a lot of money and resources on implementing every part of those applications. Before I left the contract they decided to stop implementations due to the cost of the support and delay for a year or so. Not sure your article is correct in its assumptions.

February 21, 2013 at 9:00 pm
(7) Collen Andrasko says:

The company I work for uses SAP and we have implemented ECC 6 in 2010. It was a very good implementation that sorted out a lot of our issues. Since then the company as not been spending any more on new software such as SAP SCM or SAP SRM. I saw out IT budget for 2013/14 and there is no additional spending on SAP apart from support costs. Who are these companies that are increasing their spending on SAP?